Translate

Friday, March 17, 2017

The Pure in Heart


Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. - Matthew 5:8

The word "pure"can mean "clean," or "pure" or "clear."  Happy are the clean in heart for they shall see God. "How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word"  (Ps. 119:9)  The Lord Jesus said on one occasion to His disciples, "You are already clean  because of the word which I have spoken to you" (John 15:3).  In that wonderful prayer of His, He says, "Sanctify them by Your truth.  Your word is truth" (John 17:7).

God demands holiness- "Be holy, for I am holy" (I Peter 1:16). - Dr. Stephen F. Olford


The late Dr. Stephen Olford was the "Prince of Preachers" and the "Pastor's Pastor." In the years that I knew him I heard him emphasize over and over and over again the need for a clean heart.  He would say, "God never uses dirty instruments."   We need a renewed emphasis on this subject.  May our prayer be, "Cleanse my heart, O God."

No comments: