Translate

Friday, January 20, 2012

KESWICK IN JAPAN

In just a few days I will have the honor and privilege of returning to Japan to speak in a series of Keswick Christian Life Conventions. To say that this is a blessing to my heart would be an understatement. Last year, 2011, Japan celebrated the 50th anniversary of Keswick Christian Life Convention. From one who has seen the Japan Keswick Conventions up close and personal I can assure you that our Christian brothers and sisters in Japan take the series of Keswick Conventions in February very seriously. The conventions in Japan are modeled after the "Mother Keswick" in England. That great Christian Life Convention in England was founded in 1875 by a group of pastors and laymen who had a hunger and a thirst to know fullness of life in Jesus Christ.

Japan Keswick leaders have guarded their Keswick Conventions carefully to protect the integrity of the message of the convention. You see, Keswick Conventions have an aim...a specific purpose. That purpose is that all in attendance will be drawn into a deeper, more personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ through the preaching of God's word.
I have known of the Japan Keswick Conventions for many years. My association with the late Dr. Stephen F. Olford, who was a frequent speaker at Japan Keswicks, brought me into direct contact with this ministry as well as other Keswick Conventions and Christian Life Conventions around the world. I spoke for the first time at a Japan Keswick in 2008. In two of the conventions in which I spoke I was teamed with Jonathan Lamb, who at the time was chairman of the Keswick Convention in England. (It was a great blessing to my life to have that time with Jonathan. He is wonderful man of God.) I was also teamed with Dr. Ted Rendall of Olford Ministries International. Brother Ted and his wife, Hester, are always a blessing to my llfe.
In 2008 God put Japan in my heart. My ministry there is a ministry of genuine love for the people. I have found in Japan some of the most earnest Christians I have ever known. My life is deeply, deeply enriched each time I go to minister there. You will read in a moment that I am scheduled to preach in Sendai. Would you please pray especially for my days there as I minister message of Christ against the back drop of the tragedy of March 11, 2011, when that region was devasted by the tusnami and earthquake.
This year I will speak in Sendai, Osaka, Kobe, Hakone and Tokyo. I would appreciate your prayers for God's anointing upon the Keswick Conventions and my fellow speakers.
I will report on the conventions when I return. Thank you for your prayers.
BR

No comments: